North Coast of Scotland (NC500)
Discover the beauty of Scotland on the North Coast 500, a scenic route starting from Inverness. Experience coastal views, dramatic cliffs, and pristine beaches. Traverse mountainous landscapes, enjoy spectacular coasts, and visit historic castles.
Head off on the North Coast 500, a picturesque route tracing Scotland's northern coastline from Inverness with this online road trip itinerary. Encounter awe-inspiring coastal vistas with dramatic cliffs and pristine beaches, blending spectacular scenery with rugged coastlines. Journey through mountainous terrain, including the majestic Torridon Mountains, offering panoramic views and excellent hiking opportunities. Explore historical landmarks like Dunrobin Castle and Eilean Donan Castle.
Experience warm Scottish hospitality, with chances to visit whisky distilleries along the way. Travelling through the Scottish Highlands via the NC500 route is a mesmerising expedition through wild landscapes, where misty mountains, tranquil lochs, and ancient castles form a captivating backdrop. Immerse yourself in Scottish culture, meet friendly locals, discover historic sites, and marvel at the untouched natural beauty of this remote region.
The cost is £5.99 to access the online road trip itinerary for yourself and your group, for 12 months on UncoverBritain, to use when planning and on the road. You can choose and book accommodations, attractions, and experiences you are interested in. If you're looking for a vehicle for the road trip, take a look here.
Highlights of the trip include:
· Marvel at the breathtaking Scottish Highlands: Witness dramatic mountains, rugged coastlines, and charming villages along the NC500 route.
· Join in with Highland activities: Engage in various pursuits like hiking, fishing, wildlife observation, and golfing amid the stunning Highland scenery.
· Embrace the tranquillity: Experience the peace and quiet of the remote Highlands, escaping the hustle and bustle of daily life.
· Immerse in Highland history and culture: Discover the region's rich heritage through castles, museums, and historical sites scattered along the NC500.
· Indulge in local cuisine: Delight in the finest Scottish food and drink, including fresh seafood and locally-produced whisky, amidst the scenic beauty of the Scottish Highlands.
About the road trip itinerary:
· Access on 2 devices (mobile, tablet or desktop) for 12 months
· Suggested fully flexible mapped route – The route is around 500 miles
· Adjust to suit between 3 and 14 nights
· This guide includes visitor information for 18 destinations on the route, plus a huge amount of links and references. Local experiences and activities are also available to browse by bookable links.
· Map pinpoints for Viewpoints, Places of interest, Hidden gems, Wild swim spots and On-screen spots
· Map pinpoints for Campsites, Motorhome stops & almost wild spots, Hotels, B&Bs, guesthouses and lodges
· Access on 2 devices (12 mths) & make the best of your holiday with planner/maps
· Maps, destinations, attractions, campsites, hotels etc, hidden gems, viewpoints
· All in one place, with embedded links for the most up-to-date information
· Saves hours of searching so you won't miss a thing, before and during your break
If you're looking for other road trip ideas in Scotland, take a look at our Scottish road trips.
Tour company information
Uncover Britain provides road trip itineraries for some of the best and most scenic Scottish road trips. The road trips in Scotland include the well-known and well-loved North Coast 500. However, road trippers can uncover their own Scotland with one of the other popular routes, such as the West Coast of Scotland, including the amazing Isle of Skye, the former 'Kingdom of Fife, with a visit to non-other than the home of Golf, and discover more about Edinburgh and the Romantic Borders.
Other tours from this company
Scottish Heritage Golf Road Trip
Departs: Stirling, St Andrews, Dundee, Edinburgh, The Kingdom of Fife
Embark on an extraordinary journey through Scotland's golfing legacy with our Sc...
Edinburgh & Romantic Borders
Departs: North Berwick, Jedburgh, Edinburgh
Embark on a road trip that blends coastal views, rural landscapes, the bustling...
Kingdom of Fife
Departs: Culross, Dunfermline, Anstruther, Falkland, St Andrews, Dunfermline and West Fife
Explore the historic "Kingdom of Fife" and the scenic East Coast, shaped by the...
Wild West Coast Road Trip
Departs: Inveraray, Oban, Ardnamurchan, Fort William, Glencoe, Glenfinnan, Plockton, Ardnamurchan a...
Embark on a road trip to the West Coast of Scotland, winding through rugged moun...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.