A guided ascent of Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis (highest mountain in Scotland and the UK) is an exciting and challenging adventure suitable for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers. Tower Ridge is the most famous and iconic ridge in the UK.
A guided ascent of Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis typically involves a full day of challenging climbing, suitable for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers. The itinerary begins with a meeting at the North Face car park at 09:00, where you’ll meet your qualified guide for a safety briefing and gear check.
From there, you’ll begin the ascent via the Mountain Track, reaching the CIC hut for a breather while admiring the stunning views. You’ll then continue to the base of Tower Ridge, where you’ll begin the technical and exposed scrambling & climbing sections. Your guide will provide expert knowledge and advice on safely navigating the terrain and using climbing equipment, including the use of ropes and harnesses.
After reaching the summit of Ben Nevis, you’ll celebrate your achievement with stunning views from the summit of the UK’s highest mountain. The whole day usually takes around 8-10 hours, depending on the group’s pace and weather conditions.
Overall, a guided ascent of Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis is a challenging and unforgettable experience, offering stunning views and the opportunity to push your limits in a safe and controlled environment.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Aonach Eagach Guided traverse:
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
- Warm layers
- If you have your own harness and helmet feel free but we can provide these if not.
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors who are members of AMI so you can rest assured they are recognised as amongst the best in the world.
- All technical equipment
From £200 per adult
January — December
- Fort William
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...