Tower Ridge Guided Winter Climb
A 1-day guided winter climb up Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis is a challenging and rewarding experience for Scottish winter climbers. Tower Ridge is widely regarded as the UK’s finest winter route and is 800m long, featuring steep snow slopes.
A guided winter climb up Tower Ridge, the UK’s finest winter route on Ben Nevis, is a challenging and technical climb that typically begins at 08:00 from the North Face car park. From here we head up the track to the CIC hut before we start the climb shortly thereafter. Climbers will be led by an experienced instructor and will navigate the steep snow slopes and exposed ridges of the route, with instruction and support provided throughout throughout the whole 800m climb.
The climb will take around 8 hours to complete, with time at the summit to take in the stunning views of the surrounding area. Climbers will need to have be in good physical condition. All necessary equipment, including crampons and ice axes, will be provided bar B2 Boots
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your guided Winter Climbing Course:
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, sunglasses
- Clear goggles – we may be able to provide if required please contact us.
- Warm layers
- Thick gloves and a hat/buff
- B2 boots (we may be able to arrange hire of these if needed; please contact us if this is the case. But people normally prefer to use their own)
- Rucksack 30 litres or so will suffice
- Own personal kit IF YOU WISH TO Harness, helmet, Crampons, Axes etc (we do supply these but sometimes people prefer to use their own)
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the guided winter climbing course.
- All instruction.
- Ice Axes
- All Technical Climbing Gear
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
From £225 per adult
November — March
- Fort William
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.