Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA)

People travelling to the UK without a visa will be required to get an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA). This will give you permission to travel to the UK, and it is electronically linked to your passport.

If you’re travelling to Scotland for the first time, we’re on hand to answer all your questions on who is eligible and how to apply for the new ETA scheme.

Plane landing at Barra Airport

Plane landing at Barra Airport

© VisitScotland / Kenny Lam

What is an Electronic Travel Authorisation?

ETA requirements

Other things you might like