Do you need a passport to go to Scotland?
- All EU, EEA and Swiss nationals (except Irish citizens) will need a valid passport to enter the UK. Your travel document should not expire during your stay in the UK. At the border, officials might ask for proof that you are visiting the UK for tourism, such as a hotel reservation.
- Irish citizens may continue to use their national ID card.
- There are no changes in the rules for other foreign nationals.
Do you need a visa to travel to Scotland?
- EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can stay in the UK as a visitor for up to 6 months without a visa.
- Irish citizens have no visa requirements and can travel to the UK as they did before Brexit.
- Other foreign nationals might need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa.
- You can check here if you need a UK visa.