Dalriada, Carrick Castle, by Lochgoilhead
Read the reviews - Dalriada is a much loved holiday home. Turn up, switch off, re-charge. A wonderfully refreshing cabin-in-the-woods type holiday on the shores of Loch Goil in the Loch Lomond National Park. Bliss.
Dalriada is a much loved holiday home. Turn up, switch off, re-charge. A wonderfully refreshing cabin-in-the-woods type holiday on the shores of Loch Goil in the Loch Lomond National Park. Bliss.Introducing Dalriada (pronounced: dael’riada)
A cedar wood chalet holiday home located between the villages of Lochgoilhead and Carrick Castle on the west side of Loch Goil. The entrance is shared with another property which is only occasionally occupied by the owners. Step out of the chalet and you are right on the shores of this scenic tidal sea loch. Bring your binoculars. Depending on the time of year the gannets put on a marvellous display diving for fish and you can look out for seals, which are common. Porpoises are regular visitors. No matter what, you’re in a perfect spot to look out for them.
Dalriada will be appreciated by visitors looking for a comfortable, modest base to relax in a rural west coast setting. This is a holiday property where you truly come to switch off. The standard of furnishing and fittings are in keeping with a chalet type property. Simple but functional.
Outside there is an enclosed balcony patio area suitable for a pet. Outdoor seating for 2. Bird feeders placed so you can enjoy the visitors from the lounge area. Dalriada is all about the views. This is the place to sit and watch boat traffic on the loch, as well as look out for the birds and animals.Bedrooms and bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Double bed with electric blanket, storage space on each side of the bed and reading lights
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds with electric blankets, one wardrobe and reading lights
- Bathroom: Bath with electric shower over the tub
- WiFi - Vodafone Mile service via the G4 Network.
- Hallway where you leave your boots, coats and outdoor gear
- Open plan lounge with picture windows and loch view
- Wood burning stove, wood provided
- Dining table for 4
- TV/DVD player and a DVD library – Important – please note that there is no TV reception, the screen is for playing DVD’s
- There is a DAB Radio and a Bluetooth speaker
- A selection of books and games
- Galley type kitchen with 4 hob cooker, oven, toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge, freezer, cafetiere, dishwasher and all the crockery and utensils you will need. Fire blanket & first aid kit.
- Double glazing
- Hair dryer in each bedroom
- Iron and ironing board
- No smoking
- Heating is a combination of the wood burning stove, overnight storage heaters and oil filled simplex heaters in the bedrooms
- Linen and towels included
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
- Note – there is no washing machine. You will find a self service laundry adjacent to the Costcutter shop 3 miles away
Enclosed balcony ideal for sitting out and enjoying the view at the same time as keeping an eye on your dog.Water – Important – please read
The water supply is straight out of the hills, so it is not drinking water. The owner provides 8 litres of bottled water to get guests going. You then replenish after that from the nearest Costcutter store – 3 miles.Loch Goil Trails - FREE Local Walking Guide
When you book to come and stay we include a FREE copy of the Loch Goil Trials Guidebook in your holiday home. Lochgoilhead is a sensational walking area. Discover the walks not usually found online. 21 walks from the Rest and be Thankful down the glen to Carrick Castle. Easy to muscle-crunching, as well as the popular dog walks, there is something here for everyone. Not staying with us? You can order a copy for £7 (UK postage) Order your copy HERE.
Transport and Parking
|Dalriada||£85 Per unit per night|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.