A gem of a cottage offering loch & mountain views, a sun room and a wood burning stove. Perfect for walkers being just steps away from the start of marked walking trails in Lochgoilhead.
Ivybank was built around 150 years ago as the gardeners cottage for the large Victorian villa situated next door. When the owners modernised the holiday home they were careful to retain many original features.
Inverlounin Road is a single track private road leading from the village and following the east shore of Loch Goil. In parts the road is in an elevated position and there are many original grand Victorian homes built between the road and the grounds sloping down to the loch side.
Parking is at a premium so the parking bay for one car off the road at the entrance to the property is a great start. As soon as you step out of your car you will be drawn to the view. The cottage is elevated from the lochside and this is only a taste of the uninterrupted views to be enjoyed from the outside patio area.
Care has been taken to make sure access is suitable for all. There is a ramp with a slight slope to a side door and then one step to enter the property. From there all rooms, except the double bedroom, are on one level so Ivybank is suitable for anyone with limited mobility.
It is a pleasant 10 minute stroll down Inverlounin Road into the village where you will find the post office and general good store and the Goil Inn which is the village pub and restaurant. Either a 30 minute walk through the village, or around the lochside; or a 5 minute drive on quiet roads, you will find more dining and activities available at the Drimsynie Estate. For a small lochside village there truly is an impressive choice of places to go and things to do.
Boat hire is available in the village, with free fishing on the loch. There are endless walks from the doorstep for all ages and fitness and cycling and mountain biking give access to fabulous views.Tour the cottage
You enter the cottage via the patio area into the sun room. Being on the east side of the loch you have the sun till late in the day when it dips behind Beinn Bheula and Beinn Lochain. The sun room is private and perfect for relaxing and enjoying the view and looking out for the visits from the red squirrels and bird life in the garden.
From the sun room you enter a small hallway which has a full sized walk in shower and toilet off to one side.
The kitchen is modern and equipped with everything you need for a self-catering holiday. There is a wall mounted TV with its own signal. You can watch a different programme than what is being shown in the lounge.
The heart of the cottage is the spacious lounge. Who wouldn’t enjoy the special effect that a wood burning stove adds to a lounge? The modern touch of a large wall mounted TV with Freeview makes for a cosy space to socialise and relax.
Ample hot water on demand and the cottage is heated by temperature controlled space heaters. Towels are provided.
To the front of the cottage is the patio area with a path leading down to the garden which is built on three terraces. The views across the loch to the far hills are stunning at any time of year, and sunsets are a delight.Bedrooms and bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: Down 3 steps and has a King sized double bed and built in wardrobes. En-suite with a bath and shower over the bath.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds 2ft 6inch wide and built in wardrobes.
- There is also a full sized walk in shower and toilet off the hallway
- Wood burning stove - starter pack of logs provided
- Central heating - energy included in hire price
- TV, DVD and radio in lounge. TV in the kitchen. You can watch different programmes simultaneously
- Kettle, toaster, iron, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, cooker, hair driers
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4
- Off road parking for 1 car
- No smoking please
- Towels & linen included
- Highchair available on request
- Cot - please bring your own travel cot. Note: There is not enough room in the twin bedroom.
- Selection of books, magazines and DVD's
- Patio - bench and a table with 2 chairs
- Includes: washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, laundry washing liquid & conditioner, cleaning cloths
- 1 small or medium sized dog welcome
- Strict 1 dog policy.
- If in doubt please check with us before booking.
- Finding the cottage: We make it easy. A detailed map and directions will be emailed on receipt of the final payment
- Entry: A key safe code is sent with the directions. You are not met my anyone - you let yourself in
- Arrival & departure: From 4pm on arrival until 10am on departure
- Shopping: Small grocery store in the village, Costcutter mini-market 1 mile away, ASDA home deliver to this cottage
When you book to come and stay we include a FREE copy of the Loch Goil Trials Guidebook in your holiday home. Lochgoilhead is a sensational walking area. Discover the walks not usually found online. 21 walks from the Rest and be Thankful down the glen to Carrick Castle. Easy to muscle-crunching, as well as the popular dog walks, there is something here for everyone. Not staying with us? You can order a copy for £7 (UK postage) Order your copy HERE.
Transport and Parking
On Public Transport Route
Accessible Parking Or Drop-off Point
Ramp to main entrance
Level access from entrance to reception
Partially suitable for visitors with limited mobility
Suitable for visitors with limited mobility
Health & Wellbeing
Internet Banking Transfer
|Ivybank Cottage||£90 Per unit per night|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.