Romantic Highlander 2024
A delightful Railtrail tour inspired by the original BBC "Great Railway Journeys of the World" TV series which saw Sir Michael Palin travelling through the spectacular Scottish Highlands to the Kyle of Lochalsh.
DEPARTS - Tuesday 25 June & Tuesday 24 September 2024
- Sir Michael Palin’s ‘Great Railway Journey’ to the Kyle of Lochalsh
- Take the Jacobite steam train on the ‘West Highland Line’ between Fort William and Mallaig
- Cross the magnificent Glenfinnan Viaduct, of Harry Potter movie fame
- Spectacular mountain scenery of the Highland Line to Inverness
- Nostalgic steam train ride on the Strathspey Railway
- Enjoy a light lunch overlooking the Isle of Skye
- Stay in Inverness, the capital of the Highlands
- Superb spa hotel leisure facilities
Also included in your Tour Fare:
- Dinner each evening, plus light refreshments on the Strathspey Railway and 1 light lunch
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
- Hotel Porterage
From £999 per adult
June — September
21 The Smithfield Centre
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2023
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of O...
Highland Adventure 2023
Our adventure filled short break combines the glorious West Highland rail route...
Queen of Scots 2023
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland, also taking in the m...
Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2023
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle....
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.