Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2024
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle. Enjoy the Bo'ness & Kinneil Steam Railway, soar above the canals by boat on the remarkable Falkirk Wheel, cruise Loch Katrine and steam through the Highlands.
DEPARTS - Thursday 11 April 2024, Thursday 09 May 2024, Thursday 20 June 2024, Thursday 18 July 2024, Thursday 19 September 2024
- Enjoy a guided tour of the world's largest equine sculptures ‘The Kelpies’
- Enjoy the Bo’ness & Kinneil Steam Railway
- Soar 35 metres into the air by boat at the engineering masterpiece Falkirk Wheel
- Delight in a Glenturret whisky distillery tour and tasting
- Steam on the former Highland Railway with the Strathspey Steam Railway
- Marvel at the vistas as we travel by train to Aviemore
- Take a cruise on Loch Katrine aboard the 'Lady of the Lake'
- Indulge in a tasting at the Bridge of Allan Brewery
Also included in your Tour Fare:
- Dinner every evening
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
- Hotel Porterage
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2024
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of O...
Scotland's Far North, Shetland & Orkney 2024
A wonderful new tour that combines Scotland's Far North and the beauty of the Sh...
Highland Adventure 2024
The glorious West Highland rail route with the fabulous 'Harry Potter' Jacobite...
Queen of Scots 2024
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland in 2024, also taking...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.