The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2024
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of Orkney & Shetland on our mini-cruise to the northernmost reaches of the UK, part of a wider grand tour visiting John O'Groats, historic Stirling and Edinburgh.
DEPARTS - Wednesday 15 May, Wednesday 19 June & Wednesday 11 September 2024
- Explore historic Orkney at a gentle pace from our base on the Orkneys
- Visit the Italian Chapel, Churchill Barriers, and Skara Brae
- Tour idyllic Shetland Isle and discover its Viking past
- Rich archaeology and history
- Dramatic scenery of the Highland Lines
- Photo-stop at John O’Groats
- Fantastic seascape coastline of the Far North
- One night’s relaxing cruising with modern, en-suite cabins
- Scenic rail journey to Aberdeen along the North Sea coast
- Spend time in historic Stirling, a short walk from the castle and Old Town
- Visit Edinburgh, with a guided walking tour of the ‘Royal Mile’
Also included in your tour fare:
- Dinner every evening
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
Scotland's Far North, Shetland & Orkney 2024
A wonderful new tour that combines Scotland's Far North and the beauty of the Sh...
Highland Adventure 2024
The glorious West Highland rail route with the fabulous 'Harry Potter' Jacobite...
Queen of Scots 2024
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland in 2024, also taking...
Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2024
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle....
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.