Summer Highlander 2024
Enjoy a summer circular tour of the spectacular 'Great Railway Journeys of the Scottish Highlands'. You may have seen them on TV and now you too can experience some of the most stunningly beautiful scenery in Scotland. A superb summer rail holiday.
DEPARTS - Tuesday 18 June 2024
- Spectacular Highlands mountain scenery
- The "Great Railway Journey of the World" to Kyle of Lochalsh
- Steam on the famous "Harry Potter" Jacobite train to Mallaig
- Take the fabulous Highland Line climbing through the Cairngorms
- See the Bonnie Prince Charlie monument at the head of Loch Shiel
- Cross magnificent Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Enjoy "monster spotting" at Loch Ness
- By train over Rannoch Moor on the stunning West Highland Line
- Free time to explore Inverness, the capital of the Highlands
Also included in your Tour Fare:
- Dinner every evening plus 1 light lunch
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
From £899 per adult
May — July
21 The Smithfield Centre
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2023
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of O...
Highland Adventure 2023
Our adventure filled short break combines the glorious West Highland rail route...
Queen of Scots 2023
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland, also taking in the m...
Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2023
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle....
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.