12 of the Best Seafood Shacks in Scotland
Scotland is by the Atlantic, so our seafood is some of the best in the world. You can find our delicious seafood delicacies at a seaside shack near the coast or harbour, and enjoy great views while you eat!
Where? North Berwick in East Lothian, 20 miles east of Edinburgh
Why the Lobster Shack?
- Finest quality seafood directly from the boats in the harbour
- Serve delicious seafood in eco-friendly and biodegradable packaging
- Fully covered and heated outdoor dining area
- Fish & chips – £11.95
- Grilled North Berwick lobster – half: £27.95, whole: £47.95
Where? The village of Carbost on the Isle of Skye
Why the Oyster Shed Farm Shop?
- Pacific oysters grown in the crystal-clear waters of Loch Harport
- The chance to shuck your own oysters with expert advice on hand
- Enjoy a tour at Talisker Distillery nearby before visiting for lunch
- Oysters – £1.20 each (price may vary)
- Hot smoked salmon and chips – £10
Where? Oban in Argyll on the west coast of Scotland
Why the Oban seafood Hut?
- A seafood lovers paradise with lobster, scallops and crab available on the menu
- High quality seafood cooked fresh to order
- A great alfresco dining spot with sea views overlooking Oban Bay
- Prawn sandwich – £3.95
- Scallops in hot garlic butter – £10.50
Where? The seaside village of Crail in Fife on Scotland’s east coast
Why Reilly Shellfish?
- 2021 TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice
- Family-run business first established in 1974
- Casual alfresco dining at the beach, serving only the freshest crab and lobster
- Dressed crab – £7
- Lobster roll – £8
Where? The picturesque town of Ullapool in the Northern Highlands
Why The Seafood Shack?
- Set up by two local lassies, winning many awards for their beautifully cooked seafood
- An ever-changing menu which includes local oysters, scallops, mussels and trout
- Gluten free and no dairy options available
- Cullen skink served with bread – £4.50
- Ullapool smoked trout served with salad – £8
Where? The small village of Ellenabeich, 16 miles south of Oban on Scotland’s west coast
Why The Oyster Bar?
- Seasonal menu using fresh and locally sourced ingredients
- Outdoor seating area looks out onto the Atlantic taking in the views of the islands of Scarba and Jura
- Lots of non-seafood options available including steak and ale pie, chilli con carne and a selection of burgers
- Wholetail scampi with chips, peas and tartare sauce – £14
- Langoustines – starter (x4): £17, main (x8): £28
Where? Near the village of Tarbert in Argyll on the west coast of Scotland
Why Skipness Seafood Cabin?
- Rated number 1 for places to eat in Skipness on TripAdvisor
- Proud supporters of sustainable fishing with all langoustine’s creel caught
- Offer sweet treats including cake and mini tubs of Mackie’s ice cream
- Hot-smoked salmon roll – £4.50
- Skipness seafood platter – for one: £18, for two: £32
Where? Fionnphort on the Isle of Mull
Why The Creel Seafood Bar?
- Mouth-watering seafood caught locally in the waters surrounding Mull and Iona
- Delve into a platter of scallops and mussels, crispy langoustines and prawns
- Teas and coffees are also served along with other drinks
- Salt and pepper squid and chips – £10
- Battered scallops and chips – £15
Where? The colourful waterfront village of Tobermory on the Isle of Mull
Why Fisherman’s Pier Fish & Chip Van?
- Holds the prestigious ‘Les Routiers’ award
- Every fish, scallop and delicacy is caught daily from the sea and cooked to perfection
- The perfect setting for a chippy while you watch the sun set over the harbour
- Haddock – £8
- Scallops – £11
Where? Shieldaig in Wester Ross in the northwest Highlands
- The Squat lobster is a firm favourite amongst locals and visitors
- Boasts a mouth-watering variety of dishes, light bites and specials
- Offers a range of breakfast options and a tasty selection of home baking
- Hot breakfast rolls (served from 10am – 12pm) – £4
- Squat lobster – £9
Where? Housed in a converted horsebox in the harbour town of Stonehaven south of Aberdeen
Why The Seafood Bothy?
- Menu varies depending on the day’s catch from the owner’s very own boat!
- Expect delicious seafood salad platters, wraps, baguettes, pies and more
- Enjoy your meal while you admire the pretty sea views from the harbour
- Toasted crab and cheese sandwich – £12
- Lobster and prawn burrito – £15
Where? St Andrews in Fife on Scotland’s east coast
Why Cheesy Toast Shack?
- Open seven days a week to satisfy your sandwich cravings
- Offer multiple award-winning gourmet grilled cheese, ham and cheese, Red Leicester and chorizo toasties
- Give into sweet temptation and enjoy a cone at the ice cream hut
- Red Leicester & chorizo toastie – £6.25
- Mac ‘n’ cheese toastie – £6.75
Andere dingen die je misschien leuk vindt
Bekijk onze laatste reistips
Meld je aan voor onze nieuwsbrief en ontvang unieke bezienswaardigheden, leuke reisideeën en aanbiedingen voor bezoekers.