Everyone loves a holiday. When deciding where to take your holidays the world is your oyster but there is nothing better than exploring your home country. With its wealth of historical, cultural and scenic attractions to choose from, Scotland is the perfect staycation destination. Are you a camper or glamper? A foodie or a sightseer? Plan your perfect staycation with our guide for the top things to see and do around the country.
Planning a Staycation?
Scotland has something for everyone. From the dramatic scenery, and rich, vibrant culture, to our tasty food and drink, experiencing your home country on a whole new level will make you fall in love with Scotland all over again. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning and discover some of Scotland's best kept secrets.
Staycations in Scotland
- Camping: Nothing quite beats the independence and sense of freedom while on a camping holiday. Scotland is a treasure trove for campsites and there are plenty of locations with scenic views to pitch your tent in.
- Glamping: Fancy having a weekend outdoors but still want all your home comforts? Then glamping should be right up your street. From camping pods, wigwams and teepees to treehouses and yurts, you are definitely spoiled for choice when it comes to glamping in style!
- Caravanning: Experience the true essence of Scotland by going caravanning. Hit the road and experience some of the country's hidden gems along the way. Here are some caravan getaway ideas to help you get started.
- Hotels: There's no better feeling than being tucked up in bed in warm and cosy surroundings. If you're planning a city break and need somewhere to rest your head, then a hotel stay might just be for you. From boutique hotels to 5-star luxury, Scotland has a wide selection of hotels to choose from to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Lodges: Lodges are the perfect retreat to get away from it all. Whether you are celebrating a very special occasion or just fancy some time to relax and unwind, staying in a lodge in peaceful surroundings really offers you a sense of escapism.