A UNESCO city that is packed full of charisma, character and creativity, Edinburgh is begging to be explored. Luckily, there are many hotels to choose from in the capital to suit all budgets, tastes and itineraries. We all know that a place to freshen up, relax or rest your head after a long day of city wandering is absolutely essential. Your budget will determine your hotel choices in the capital, with top-end luxury on offer as well as fairly-priced options.
You can stay in:
- The city centre, close to all of the Edinburgh’s top attractions, including the 12th century St Margaret’s Chapel.
- Old Town, where you can wander through the same atmospheric cobbled streets as Burke and Hare in the 1828.
- New Town, beautifully preserved and surrounded by stunning Georgian architecture.
- Leith, by the waterfront, a little further from the city centre but closer to the Royal Yacht Britannia!
- The West End, surrounded by views to Edinburgh Castle and daily sound of the One O’clock Gun.
Hotels in Edinburgh include:
- Luxury hotels with exclusive spa facilities.
- City centre hotels with stylish and modern interiors.
- Budget hotels and holiday inns to make your holiday stretch further.
- Contemporary hotels with warm Scottish welcomes.
- Small boutique hotels with elegant furnishings.
Edinburgh is a striking city that is surprisingly compact. You’ll find it easy to get around no matter where you choose to stay. Walking is one of the best ways to explore the city, but Edinburgh is also well connected by Lothian Buses, cycle paths and the city tram if you want to go a little further afield.