Budget and Cheap Wedding Venues in Scotland
Looking for a budget wedding venue in Scotland? You're in luck! Thanks to Scottish law, your wedding ceremony can take place almost anywhere, so why not choose an outdoor wedding venue?
Say your vows in spectacular Glencoe, beneath the Cullin on the Isle of Skye, by a green lochan in the Cairngorms National Park, or get married on Inchcolm Island in the Firth of Forth.
If you fancy self-catering your wedding, why not book a village hall, such as Killearn Hall near Stirling, or get married on the beach and then have your wedding breakfast in the beautiful hall at Tyninghame in East Lothian.
Find out how to get a wedding licence for a venue and hire an officiant with our guide to Scottish weddings.
Luxury Wedding Venues in Scotland
Thinking of splashing out on your wedding day and looking for luxury venues in Scotland? Here are some of our favourites:
- Archerfield House - offering exclusive-use accommodation, Archerfield House is a dramatic mansion complete with a gorgeous spa. Tie the knot overlooking stunning views of the East Lothian coast.
- Mar Hall - a grand 19th gothic mansion set in a 200-acre wooded estate on the banks of the River Clyde, Mar Hall hosts weddings in its 60ft 'Grand Hall'. With 52 bedrooms on-site there's lots of space for all of your guests.
- Branxholm Park - Deep in the Scottish Borders is Branxholm Park, a beautiful Victorian country house set in idyllic surroundings with luxury accommodation and a spa.
Mar Hall, Renfrewshire
Small Wedding Venues in Scotland
Prefer a small and intimate venue for your wedding in Scotland, or maybe you're looking to elope? Weddings don't need to be a huge event, here's our choice of small Scottish wedding venues.
- The Edinburgh Grand - In the heart of Edinburgh, The Edinburgh Grand hosts exclusive small weddings in its duplex Penthouse and gorgeous Director's Suite.
- Get married at Edinburgh Castle - with a maximum of 30 guests, St Margaret's Chapel at Edinburgh Castle is perfect for a small wedding in Scotland.
- Mountain Bothy @ Schiehallion - fancy getting married in a Bothy halfway up a mountain? Well, you can with Highland Safaris in Perthshire. Don't worry, your guests will be transported up the mountain in 4x4s - there's no need to walk!
Alternative and Rustic Wedding Venues in Scotland
Looking for off-grid and alternative wedding venues in Scotland? Choose one of these rustic venues and get married in a forest or even a greenhouse!
- Marthrown of Mabie - Deep in Mabie Forest outside of Dumfries is Marthrown of Mabie - get married in a roundhouse or teepee in the woods and stay the night in a yurt.
- Secret Herb Garden - a garden centre like no other, the gorgeous Secret Herb Garden near Edinburgh offers weddings in its glasshouse, along with fine dining in a retro environment.
- Cambo Estate - sitting on the coast between St Andrews and Crail in the East Neuk of Fife is the Cambo Estate - get married in the stunning walled garden and then dance the night away in their woodland disco!
Cambo Estate, Fife
Byre and Barn Wedding Venues in Scotland
Byres, barns and farm weddings offer a truly romantic spot to get married in Scotland. String up the fairy lights, arrange the hay bales and don't forget your wellies!
- Comrie Croft - deep in the Perthshire hills is Comrie Croft, by day a campsite, by night a brilliant wedding venue. Get married out in the woods and party all night in the croft's pretty byre.
- Fruin Farm - with an emphasis on local produce, Fruin Farm offers weddings in their barn for up to 60 guests near Loch Lomond.
- Barnquee at Myres Castle - fancy getting married in a barnquee? At Myres Castle you can do just that - their barn/marquee seats up to 160 guests.
Quirky and Unique Wedding Venues in Scotland
Fancy something quirky for your Scottish Wedding? There are so many unusual wedding venues in Scotland - it will be hard to choose! Why not get married on a boat or a train? Fingal offers weddings on a refurbished lighthouse board ship, or, get married on the Strathspey Railway in the Cairngorms. Like whisky? You can get married in the Lindores Abbey Distillery across the Tay from Dundee, or how about in a Treehouse on Loch Goil?
Lodge on the Loch, Loch Goil
Country Houses and Castle Wedding Venues in Scotland
Many people dream of getting married in a castle or a stately country house - and Scotland has lots to choose from. Many of our castles can be hired as exclusive use wedding venues - go on, book your dream wedding venue in Scotland.
With stunning scenery all around, wherever you choose to get married in Scotland - you're guaranteed beautiful views. A historic cityscape, serene loch or enchanting Highland glen will provide the perfect backdrop to your wedding day - and look stunning in wedding pictures that you'll both treasure for a lifetime.
- Culzean Castle - a grand stately home in Ayrshire, Culzean Castle perches on a cliff top with its own private beach. There are lots of spaces to get married in the castle - we particularly love the beautiful Orangery overlooking the gardens.
- Barnbougle Castle - a hidden gem on the Edinburgh coast, Barnbougle Castle is a 13th century castle with a vast Banqueting Hall perfect for grand celebrations.
- Craigievar Castle - said to be the inspiration for Disney's castle, Aberdeenshire's famous pink castle might offer an Insta-worthy backdrop for your photos, but the rooms inside Craigievar Castle are pretty special too.
- Eilean Donan Castle - probably Scotland's most iconic castle, Eilean Donan sits on the banks of three lochs - Loch Duich, Loch Long and Loch Alsh - you just need to add a bagpiper for the quintessential Scottish wedding!