Christmas is a time for giving and with the big day almost upon us, it’s time to start looking for the perfect gift for family or friends. This Christmas, spread the love with a heartfelt and meaningful gift. From home decorations and jewellery, to artisan gin or whisky for Christmas and New Year toasts, we have a bumper selection of gift ideas to help you get through your Christmas shopping list.
- Pink Poodle Boutique, Glasgow – finding the perfect gift for your loved ones can be quite tricky at times. If you’re not too sure what you are looking for, you can never go wrong with a gift card from Pink Poodle Boutique. Based in Glasgow, this hidden gem will soon be every fashion lover’s go to place for all their clothing needs. You can also easily order your favourite finds online, delivered straight to your door.
- Nancy Smillie Shop, Glasgow – tick off your Christmas shopping list by treating your friends and family to a Nancy Smillie Shop Online Gift Card. Spend your pennies on all the latest Scottish designer jewellery, give your home a fresh new look when browsing through furniture items or pop some accessories into your basket.
- Glasgow Gift Card – Glasgow is a shopper’s paradise, catering to a range of tastes and budgets. From small boutiques to high-end department stores, it is very unlikely that you will walk away empty handed without picking up a bargain or two. This Christmas, why not treat your loved one to a Glasgow Gift Card to spend at over 80 businesses across the city. Whether you’re looking for a place to eat or have a fun family day out at an award-winning attraction, it’s a great way to get your bearings around the city.
- Crafty Distillery, Dumfries & Galloway – South Scotland might be renowned for its rolling hills and abundance of things to see and do, but did you know that it takes great pride when it comes to gin distilling? If you know someone who is partial to a G&T at the weekend be sure to give them a gift card from Crafty Distillery. Book a distillery tour for a future visit or stock up on some new flavoured gins.
- Aberdeen Gift Card – when it comes to great food and drink and shopping, Aberdeen has it all. The Aberdeen Gift Card is the perfect stocking filler for family or friends who wish to experience the city in all its glory.
- Annual Passes to Your Favourite Scottish Visitor Attractions – an annual pass to your favourite visitor attraction is your ticket to a year of fun! Will it be a wild day out at the zoo or will you step back in time and discover the history behind one of our many historic castles? With discounts, unlimited access and even jumping to the front of the queue, it’s an offer you simply can’t refuse.
Here is just a selection of places which currently offer annual passes:
- The Hideaway Experience – a relaxing stay is the perfect cure to beat the January blues. For a romantic getaway in 2022 that’s closer to home, be sure to add The Hideaway Experience Gift Voucher to your Christmas wish list. Choose from a wide selection of Hideaway stays, each individually tailored to suit you and your partner’s needs. Fancy inviting your four-legged friend along? No problem! With The Romantics and The Dreamers accommodation, and dog-friendly offers, no one will get left behind.
- Jacksons at Jedburgh, Scottish Borders – with each spring comes new life! Enjoy a day of family fun at Jacksons at Jedburgh where you will get to experience what life is like on a working farm. Families will love lambing season when they will have the opportunity to see lambs being born.
- Edinburgh Gin – let the good times Be-GIN this Christmas! You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting the perfect gin for your loved one, from fruity liqueurs to winter warmers. Browse online to find some of its classic favourites along with a few festive treats including the Poached Pear Gin Liqueur and the Christmas gin.
- Stewart Brewing, Loanhead, Midlothian – founded in 2004 by Steve and Jo Stewart, this is Edinburgh’s original craft beer brewery. This Christmas, Stewart Brewing have gone the extra mile for beer lovers with their gift packs, from ales and lagers mini to IPA beer bundles.
- The Gin Bothy, Angus – when it comes to buying Christmas gifts for mum and dad, The Gin Bothy have got you covered. Select from a wide range of gift hampers and boxes or if you’re looking for an extra early present, why not treat them to the Mummy and Daddy Christmas Eve Gift Boxes, filled with everything they need to relax and unwind before the big day.
- Campbells Prime Meat, Linlithgow – get ready for a festive feast like no other when you order with Campbells Prime Meat. Be the host with the most this Christmas as you serve up a delicious platter of delicious meats to the table including turkey crown, rib of beef and Scotch lamb shoulder available to order online.
- Dewars Distillery, Perthshire – from whisky hampers to cocktail kits, these specially selected gift hampers by Dewar’s Distillery are packed with Yuletide cheer.
Looking to stock up on more treats during the festive period? Check out a range of Scottish food & drink businesses which are delivering.
- Aurora Orkney Jewellery – if you know someone who loves all things sparkles and Outlander, then this Christmas combo might well be a match made in heaven. Designed by Teresa Shearer, take a look through her exclusive collection inspired by the hit TV series where you will find rings, bangles, brooches and much more.
- Heathergems, Pitlochry – make someone’s Christmas extra special when you buy from Heathergems, offering beautiful, quality jewellery at an amazing price. Each piece is made from natural Scottish heather using local materials which reflect the very best of Scottish culture. From brooches with Highland Coo and Scottie Dog designs to sterling silver bracelets and bangles, find the perfect gift for under the tree.
- Cairn – Rennie Mackintosh, Glasgow – fans of Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s work will be hoping to add to their jewellery collection with these unique designs. From silver pendants and blue sapphire earrings to peridot necklaces, these accessories will help to spruce up any daytime or evening look.
- Shirley Paris, South Lanarkshire – add a bit of sparkle to you (or your loved ones) life with a lovely new necklace from Shirley Paris. Or pop that all important question with one of its engagement rings. Whatever you choose, Shirley Paris’ beautiful and unique designs will have everyone talking.
- Glenna Jewellery, Dumfries & Galloway – inspired by the beautiful, natural surroundings of Dumfries & Galloway, make sure your friends or family have room to add to their jewellery collection. Browse online through Glenna Jewellery’s vast collection of pieces made of high-quality sterling silver.
- Heilagr, Orkney – jewellery designer Darrin uses age-old techniques to produce stunning pieces of jewellery that capture the natural beauty of the Orkney Isles. The Gold Brodgar Stacking Ring, Viking Runes Pendant and the Starry Night Bangle are just some of the items featured on the website.
- The Tartan Blanket Co. Edinburgh – get ready to ‘coorie’ up in your new blanket from The Tartan Blanket Co. this Christmas. With its exclusive range of build your own gift boxes including the Christmas Gift Box. Choose from a range of goodies including candles, mugs, chocolate truffles and even skincare products. Each box also gives you the option to customise your very own scarf or blanket to help keep you warm and chic indoors.
- Jo MacFarlane, Anstruther, Fife – candlelight creates the perfect ambience for Christmas. Enjoy a cosy night in with Jo MacFarlane’s luxury scented candles. Discover the core range with its fruity Orange Blossom candle or Bergamot & Lemon offering, or for Christmas in a glass, go for the Noel Luxury Christmas Candle with scents including clove, orange, cinnamon and lemon.
- King & McGaw – the new year is a time for a fresh start; for taking out the old and bringing in the new. Make your home sparkle in 2022 with a fabulous print from King & McGaw. From the beautiful Room with a Rum View to the impressive Monarch of the Glen, every design captures the true beauty of Scotland.
- Arran Sense of Scotland – give yourself some serious TLC with Arran Sense of Scotland. Fill your home with wonderful smelling scents including the Ultimate Fig Candle or enjoy a day of pampering with the Formulas Sea Mud Mask.
- Mini Cottage Creations – if you’re looking to add a new addition to your home, Mini Cottage Creations have a great selection of handmade furnishings using Harris Tweed. From footstools to cushions and chairs, you’ll be all set to redecorate your living space in no time!
- Isle of Skye Candle Company – there’s nothing quite like entering a freshly scented home. Will you choose the aromas and rich fragrances from the Scottish Collection or try out the Pomegranate & Plum or Grapefruit and Neroli candles from the Signature range? Whatever you decide to choose, make sure to stock up on your favourite scents all year round.
Find more beautiful scented gifts around Scotland.
We hope that we have given you some much needed inspiration to start making your list and checking it twice. Fancy spending winter in Scotland? Check out what we have in store for you with these Christmas & Winter Break ideas or scroll through Stunning Photos of Scotland in Winter for more places to add to your list for your next adventure. Happy planning!