Christmas is a time for giving and with the big day almost upon us, it’s time to start looking for the perfect gift for family or friends. Although the festivities might be slightly smaller this year, spread the love with a heartfelt and meaningful gift. From home decorations and jewellery, to artisan gin or whisky for Christmas and New Year toasts, we have a bumper selection of gift ideas to help you get through your Christmas shopping list.
Scotland is now operating a 5-level Covid-19 system on a local basis. This means different areas of Scotland will have different restrictions.
Find out what level each area is under and read more about the 5-level Covid-19 restrictions to plan and book ahead when considering your trip. You can search for businesses that are open, and Good to Go, where they have a Covid-19 risk assessment.
- Pink Poodle Boutique, Glasgow – finding the perfect gift for your loved ones can be quite tricky at times. If you’re not too sure what you are looking for, you can never go wrong with a gift card from Pink Poodle Boutique. Based in Glasgow, this hidden gem will soon be every fashion lover’s go to place for all their clothing needs. You can also easily order your favourite finds online, delivered straight to your door.
- Nancy Smillies Shop, Glasgow – tick off your Christmas shopping list by treating your friends and family to a Nancy Smillies Shop Online Gift Card. Spend your pennies on all the latest Scottish designer jewellery, give your home a fresh new look when browsing through furniture items or pop some accessories into your basket.
- Glasgow Gift Card – Glasgow is a shopper’s paradise, catering to a range of tastes and budgets. From small boutiques to high-end department stores, it is very unlikely that you will walk away empty handed without picking up a bargain or two. This Christmas, why not treat your loved one to a Glasgow Gift Card to spend at over 80 businesses across the city. Whether you’re looking for a place to eat or have a fun family day at an award-winning attraction, it’s a great way to get your bearings around the city.
- Crafty Distillery, Dumfries & Galloway – South Scotland might be renowned for its rolling hills and abundance of things to see and do, but did you know that it takes great pride when it comes to gin distilling? If you know someone who is partial to a G&T at the weekend be sure to give them a gift card from Crafty Distillery. Book a distillery tour for a future visit or stock up on some new flavoured gins.
- Aberdeen Gift Card – when it comes to great food and drink and shopping, Aberdeen has it all. The Aberdeen Gift Card is the perfect stocking filler for family or friends who wish to experience the city in all its glory.
- Annual Passes to Your Favourite Scottish Visitor Attractions – An annual pass to your favourite visitor attraction is your ticket to a year of fun! Will it be a wild day out at the zoo or will you step back in time and discover the history behind one of our many historic castles? With discounts, unlimited access and even jumping to the front of the queue, it’s an offer you simply can’t refuse.
Here is just a selection of places which currently offer annual passes:
- The Hideaway Experience – a relaxing stay is the perfect cure to beat the January blues. For a romantic getaway in 2021 that’s closer to home, be sure to add The Hideaway Experience Gift Voucher to your Christmas wish list. Choose from a wide selection of Hideaway stays, each individually tailored to suit you and your partner’s needs. Fancy inviting your four-legged friend along? No problem! With The Romantic and The Dreamers accommodation, and dog-friendly offers, no one will get left behind.
- Jacksons of Jedburgh, Scottish Borders – with each spring comes new life! Enjoy a day of family fun at Jacksons of Jedburgh where you will get to experience what life is like on a working farm. When the farm reopens in spring 2021, get up close and personal with adorable calves and lambs. Families will love lambing season when they will have the opportunity to see lambs being born.
- Edinburgh Gin – let the good times Be-GIN this Christmas! You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting the perfect gin for your loved one, from fruity liqueurs to winter warmers. If you’re an Edinburgh local, make sure to visit the Edinburgh Gin Festive Pop-up Shop on Frederick Street (open now until the 24 December 2021). Not only will you find some of its classic favourites stocked but there are also a few festive treats to be found including the Poached Pear Gin Liqueur and the Spirit of Christmas gin.
- Holyrood Distillery, Edinburgh – surprise your loved one with a Christmas gift pack from Holyrood Distillery. Show them you know them this festive season with a pick from the distillery’s wide range of whisky and gin gift packs full of handpicked goodies that will be sure to make them smile. Not only that, you will receive 10% off your order including free UK delivery.
- Stewart Brewing, Loanhead, Midlothian – founded in 2004 by Steve and Jo Stewart, this is Edinburgh’s original craft beer brewery. This Christmas, Stewart Brewing have gone the extra mile for beer lovers with their seasonal gift packs, from mini casks to IPA beer bundles. If you know someone who can’t get enough of beer, now might be the perfect time to buy them a Beer Club 2021 Membership, where they will receive six one-off brew beers to try out and exclusive behind-the-scenes content of the team at work. Be quick though, there are only 200 spaces available for next year!
- The Gin Bothy, Angus – when it comes to buying Christmas gifts for mum and dad, The Gin Bothy have got you covered. Select from a wide range of gift hampers and boxes or if you’re looking for an extra early present, why not treat them to the Mummy and Daddy Christmas Eve Gift Boxes, filled with everything they need to relax and unwind before the big day.
- Peelham Farm, Scottish Borders – get ready for a festive feast like no other when you order with Peelham Farm. Be the host with the most this Christmas as you serve up a delicious platter of organic meats to the table including beef brisket, gammon and pigs in blankets available to order online.
Looking to stock up on more treats during the festive period? Check out a range of Scottish food & drink businesses which are delivering.
- Dewars Distillery, Perthshire – from whisky hampers to cocktail kits, specially selected Christmas gifts by Dewar’s Distillery are packed with Yuletide cheer. If your loved one is unable to take a trip to the distillery, there’s no stopping them from enjoying all the fun online. Whisky expert, Gary Ross will help online visitors explore the three whiskies included in the Triple Tasting Pack. You never know, one of them could become your new favourite tipple.
- Aurora Orkney Jewellery – if you know someone who loves all things sparkles and Outlander, then this Christmas combo might well be a match made in heaven. Designed by Teresa Shearer, take a look through her exclusive collection inspired by the hit TV series where you will find rings, bangles, brooches and much more.
- Heathergems, Pitlochry – make someone’s Christmas extra special when you buy from Heathergems, offering beautiful, quality jewellery at an amazing price. Each piece is made from natural Scottish heather using local materials which reflect the very best of Scottish culture. From brooches with Highland Coo and Scottie Dog designs to sterling silver bracelets and bangles, find the perfect gift for under the tree.
- Cairn – Rennie Mackintosh, Glasgow – fans of Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s work will be hoping to add to their jewellery collection with these unique designs. From silver pendants and blue sapphire earrings to peridot necklaces, these accessories will help to spruce up any daytime or evening look.
- Shirley Paris, South Lanarkshire – add a bit of sparkle to you (or your loved ones) life with a lovely new necklace from Shirley Paris. Or pop that all important question with one of its engagement rings. Whatever you choose, Shirley Paris’ beautiful and unique designs will have everyone talking.
- Glenna Jewellery, Dumfries & Galloway – inspired by the beautiful, natural surroundings of Dumfries & Galloway, make sure your friends or family have room to add to their jewellery collection. Browse online through Glenna Jewellery’s vast collection of pieces made of high-quality sterling silver.
- Heilagr, Orkney – keep Scotland in mind when you shop at Heilagr. Jewellery designer Darrin uses age-old techniques to produce stunning pieces of jewellery that capture the natural beauty of the Orkney Isles. The Gold Brodgar Stacking Ring, Viking Runes Pendant and the Starry Night Bangle are just some of the items featured on the website.
- The Tartan Blanket Co. Edinburgh – get ready to ‘coorie’ up in your new blanket from The Tartan Blanket Co. this Christmas. With its exclusive range of build your own gift boxes including the Winter Warmer Gift Box with goodies including shortbread, mugs, hot drink sachets and even a marshmallow toaster – perfect for s‘mores. Each box also gives you the option to customise your very own scarf or blanket to help keep you warm and chic indoors.
- Jo MacFarlane, Anstruther, Fife – candlelight creates the perfect ambience for Christmas. Enjoy a cosy night in with Jo MacFarlane’s luxury scented candles. Discover the core range with its fruity Orange Blossom candle or Bergamot & Lemon offering, or for Christmas in a glass, go for the Noel Luxury Christmas Candle with scents including clove, orange, cinnamon and lemon.
- King & McGaw – the new year is a time for a fresh start; for taking out the old and bringing in the new. Make your home sparkle in 2021 with a fabulous print from King & McGaw. From the dazzling Luskentyre Blues to the impressive Monarch of the Glen, every design captures the true beauty of Scotland.
- Arran Sense of Scotland – give yourself some serious TLC with Arran Sense of Scotland. Fill your home with wonderful smelling scents including the Soft Cinnamon Scented Candle, soak in a warm bath using the Formulas Lavender & Black Pepper Mineral Muscle Soak or improve your skincare routine with Formulas Jojoba & Vitamin E All Weather Moisturiser for a more healthy glow.
- Mini Cottage Creations – if you’re looking to add a new addition to your home, Mini Cottage Creations have a great selection of handmade furnishings using Harris Tweed. From footstools to cushions and chairs, you’ll be all set to redecorate your living space in no time!
- Isle of Skye Candle Company – there’s nothing quite like entering a freshly scented home. Will you choose the aromas and rich fragrances from the Scottish Collection or try out the Pomegranate & Plum or Grapefruit and Neroli candles from the Signature range? Whatever you decide to choose, make sure to stock up on your favourite scents all year round.
Find more beautiful scented gifts around Scotland.
We hope that we have given you some much needed inspiration to start making your list and checking it twice. Fancy spending next winter in Scotland? Check out what we have in store for you with these Christmas & Winter Breaks ideas or scroll through Breathtaking Photos of Scotland in Winter for more places to add to your list for your next adventure. Happy planning!