It may be Scotland's deepest and most famous expanse of water, but Loch Ness is also a simply beautiful place to stay, with beguiling Highland landscapes looming from every direction.
After all, you'll need a fabulous place to stay while you're searching the length and breadth of the loch for Nessie. Monster hunting can be tiring work.
You can choose from:
- Charming loch-side cottages where you can wake up to stunning views of Loch Ness.
- B&Bs run by friendly locals who can provide you with first-hand knowledge of the area.
- Unique self-catering lodges and farmhouses where you can return to a home-cooked feast after an invigorating day in the great outdoors.
- Caravan sites and glamping accommodation, if you're looking for an affordable yet unforgettable experience.
- A backpacker lodge, so you can meet your fellow Nessie enthusiasts!