Rags to riches is a real stash-busting workshop. Find out how to use up all those fabric scraps and make them into unique new fabrics. Bring any pieces of fabrics and trims you have; the glitzier, the better.
• repurpose old clothing, household textiles, and scraps of trimmings,
• use the utility stitches of a basic sewing machine for decorative effects
• learn how to use metallic transfer foils to add a bit of bling.
• use free-motion embroidery to make a gorgeous quilted fabric
• gain ideas how you can use your new fabrics as cushion panels, evening bags, book covers or even for clothing.
The fabrics also make lovely cards, jewellery or to cover gift boxes. If you have any scraps of fabrics, ribbons, trims, or old clothes you’d like to use, then please bring them along. Small colourful print patterns work well, as do satins, velvets, lace and brocade to add a touch of luxury. These techniques are perfect for creating a 'memory quilt' or a 'memory cushion' so you could bring along old clothing from your children or another family member. Or Grandma's old household linens?
Who is this aimed at?
Improvers. Anyone who can use a sewing machine. No previous embroidery or art experience is required.