Edinburgh City Tour
Discover our iconic capital, Edinburgh, on a tailor-made walking tour. Explore the historic Old and New Towns or further afield. Whether your first or 21st visit, be delighted by tales and hidden gems of this amazing city - there's even an elephant!
Your tour is completely tailor-made to you, your preferences and interests, the time you have available – and yes, even your walking speed!
As an idea of what Edinburgh has to offer, here are some initial possibilities:
- Explore the Old Town with its hidden nooks and crannies and tales of traders, poets and princes.
- Discover what life was like in medieval times as the population boomed and both wealth and poverty flourished.
- Meet the colourful characters from the past who formed the Scotland of today.
- Be astonished with anecdotes of witches, wizards – and elephants!
- Visit iconic sites and spots such as Edinburgh Castle, St Giles Cathedral, the Grassmarket, Greyfriars Kirkyard and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Stroll through the 250 year old “New Town” with intriguing insights into its Lords and luminaries.
- Delve further into specialist topics such as the Jacobites, the Monarchy, the Scottish Reformation or the Scottish Enlightenment – or discover the darker underbelly of Scotland’s links with the Slave Trade.
- Take a hike to Edinburgh’s heights – as the city “built on seven hills”, get your heart pumping as you learn about its development from volcanoes to “Athens of the North”. Arthur’s Seat, Salisbury Crags and Calton Hill are only the starting point!
- Explore further afield with fascinating insights into the historic yet innovative old port of Leith.
- Enjoy some peace away from the hubbub with a visit to the Royal Botanic Gardens or the pretty Dean Village before ending the day in one of upmarket Stockbridge’s restaurants or bars.
- Whet your appetite with Scottish delicacies in some of Edinburgh’s best-loved yet lesser-known cafes and pubs.
- Expand your culinary horizons on one of our unique food and drink tours, meeting the producers and exploring the history and culture behind Scotland’s extraordinary natural larder.
Depending on your preferences, your tour may last half a day or more – we will discuss this at the time of booking.
Whether it is a first-time introduction and orientation to our beloved city, or an in depth exploration, we can promise that you will want to come back time and time again to discover more and more…
It’s like we always say: the possibilities are infinite!
From £35 per adult
January — December
33/6 Montague Street
- Small Group (1-16)
- Food and drink
Covid 19 Facilities
- Advance booking essential
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Capacity limit
- Face mask essential (not provided)
Tour company information
Private tours of Scotland for solo travellers and small groups of families and friends, tailor made especially for you. We specialise in finding the hidden gems and incorporating hands-on experiences of the outdoors or food & drink that truly allow you to live, breathe, explore and fall in love with Scotland. From a half day introduction to our delicious food & drink on a culinary walking tour, to a longer road-trip to delve behind the scenes of our breathtaking landscapes, incredible history, fascinating characters and world-class produce. Discover your very own infinite Scotland!
Other tours from this company
Western Explorer to Skye
Departs: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness
Relax in other-worldly scenery, on pristine white beaches, and through thousands...
A Royal Flavour of Scotland
Departs: Edinburgh, Inverness
The British Royal Family have called Scotland home for generations. Discover why...
Our Highland Life
Departs: Edinburgh, Glasgow
Discover your very own Highland life in this unique tour. Delve into Scotland’s...
Western Explorer to Iona
Departs: Edinburgh, Glasgow
Scots have holidayed on the west coast for generations, escaping to magical land...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.