Fife Coast Tour
Discover picture-perfect villages of the Kingdom of Fife on this tour, perfect for photographers, food lovers and secret history buffs. Explore hidden gems, stroll through the historic streets of St Andrews, and learn why Fife is "fringed with gold".
The Kingdom of Fife is blessed with a stunningly pretty coastline which has defined both its own history and the story of Scotland for thousands of years.
We set off this morning from the iconic capital city of Edinburgh, soon crossing the Firth of Forth with its famous bridges, and into the “glorious Kingdom of Fife”.
As all tours are bespoke, we will discuss with you in advance your particular interests and tailor the day especially for you.
As an idea of some of what your day has to offer, here are some initial possibilities:
- Take a photo (and coffee!) stop in the historic village of South Queensferry, right under the iconic Victorian engineering masterpiece of the Forth Rail Bridge, yet another of Scotland’s UNESCO designated World Heritage Sites.
- Wending our way along Fife’s stunning coastline, visit its picture-postcard fishing villages. Sleepy now, learn about their busy trading pasts and how they lent their name to the land “fringed with gold”.
- Stroll through the streets of the ancient university town of St Andrews, learning the quirky story behind the origins of Scotland’s patron saint, and the more gruesome stories behind Scotland’s 16th Century Reformation.
- Take a tour around the spectacular ruins of St Andrews Cathedral and Castle, and get the heart pumping whilst counting the steps inside St Rule’s Tower.
- Discover the legends behind the “Home of Golf” and learn more of its key characters, including Old and Young Tom Morris.
- Stretch your legs with a gentle guided hike along the Fife Coastal Path or one of its many beaches, learning about the various flora and fauna on the way.
- Fall in love with the fictional village of Cranesmuir, from the Outlander TV series – otherwise known as the real conservation village of Culross. Find Geillis Duncan’s house before exploring the beautiful gardens of Culross Palace.
- Or explore further north through the vibrant and rejuvenated port of Dundee and into the county of Angus, the “Birthplace of Scotland” and childhood home of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother at fairytale Glamis Castle.
- With an abundance of fine farming land and coastline, Fife and Angus are both rightly renowned for their food and drink. Sample some of their most special produce, from seafood to soft fruits – and ice cream fit for a Prince!
- For a more in depth introduction to some of Scotland’s finest food and drink producers, speak to us about our special Food and Drink Experiences – really get behind the scenes of Scotland’s extraordinary natural larder.
There is so much to explore that you will be spoilt for choice! In fact, why not extend this to a 2 day tour so that you can fit it all in?
We will discuss your interests and priorities at the time of booking and promise that, whether this is a first-time introduction to this beautiful area of Scotland, or an in depth exploration, you will want to come back for more!
- Driver guide
- Small Group (1-16)
- Food and drink
Covid 19 Facilities
- Advance booking essential
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Capacity limit
- Face mask essential (not provided)
Tour company information
Private tours of Scotland for solo travellers and small groups of families and friends, tailor made especially for you. We specialise in finding the hidden gems and incorporating hands-on experiences of the outdoors or food & drink that truly allow you to live, breathe, explore and fall in love with Scotland. From a half day introduction to our delicious food & drink on a culinary walking tour, to a longer road-trip to delve behind the scenes of our breathtaking landscapes, incredible history, fascinating characters and world-class produce. Discover your very own infinite Scotland!
Other tours from this company
Western Explorer to Skye
Departs: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness
Relax in other-worldly scenery, on pristine white beaches, and through thousands...
A Royal Flavour of Scotland
Departs: Edinburgh, Inverness
The British Royal Family have called Scotland home for generations. Discover why...
Our Highland Life
Departs: Edinburgh, Glasgow
Discover your very own Highland life in this unique tour. Delve into Scotland’s...
Western Explorer to Iona
Departs: Edinburgh, Glasgow
Scots have holidayed on the west coast for generations, escaping to magical land...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.