Luxury Private tour for up to 6 people around some of the amazing Outlander Filming locations. Entry to Hopehouse and Blackness included for whole party. Price is for the whole Group min 2 -6 people email firstname.lastname@example.org
The forms an extension to original Outlander tour, however we will be pick you up on the second day to take in more stunning Scottish Locations. No accommodation is included in this tour.
Luxury Private tour for up to 6 people around some of the amazing Outlander Filming locations
We are extremely knowledgeable guides and huge Outlander Fans. We will be happy to interact and guide round each site as much or as little as you like.
Itinerary – Day 1
· 9.30 am Pick up from Dalmeny Railway Station (alternative Edinburgh City Centre hotel or Port pickup can be arranged)
First we will travel to the World famous 3 Bridges where will have plenty photo opportunities.
· 10.00 am Then it's on to Midhope Castle. The exterior is instantly recognisable as Jamie Fraser's beloved Lallybroch. You will have the chance to recreate some magical and infamous moments (please note the interior of building is derelict and it is not possible to go inside).
· 10.30 am Our 3rd Stop is the magnificent Hopetoun House. You will have 2 hours to explore the house and grounds. Not only was Hopetoun used for numerous Outlander scenes , it is a remarkably beautiful stately home, filled with stunning collections and sits in majestic grounds with nature trails and scenic walks. A visit to Hopetoun is an absolute must. House and Grounds entry is included for your entire party. The Stables Kitchen onsite at Hopetoun House has a delicious contemporary menu, should you wish to use these facilities (please note this will be at your own cost)
· 12.30 pm Our 4th Stop takes us to Linlithgow Palace which was used for Wentworth Prison. Entry is not included into the Palace, however there is time should you wish to do so. Linlithgow is a beautiful town with many cafes and shops.
· 2 pm Our final stop is Blackness castle and in our final hour you will have the chance to explore and take in this incredible place. Entry is included for your entire party. Built in the 15th century, Blackness Castle stands in as a location for the Fort William headquarters of Black Jack Randall.
Drop off at 3.30 pm is Dalmany Railway Station ( if alternative Edinburgh city centre pickup arrangements were made in advance , we will return you to this location)
· 9.30 am pickup, as per arrangements made for day 1. First we will cross the iconic Bridges seen on day 1 and head for the Splendid ruined castle in Aberdour, Fife. This 12th century castle doubled as the monastery where Claire and Murtagh brought Jamie to recover from his prison ordeal. This is amongst the oldest Standing masonary castles in Scotland. Entrance fee for full party is included.
· 11.45 am Falkland Fife. The Town of Falkland doubled as 1940’s and 1960’s Inverness. There will be plenty of photo opportunities. You will find the Covenanter Hotel which was transformed into Mrs Baird’s Guesthouse and the Bruce Fountain where Jamie’s ghost looked up at Claire’s window. There are various Café’s and restaurants for lunch, should you wish to do this ( please note this is at your own cost)
· 2 pm Doune Castle Perthshire. Stunning Doune Castle near Stirling plays a leading role in the show. Unmistakably recognisable as the fictional Castle Leoch. Home to Colum MacKenzie and his clan in the 18th Century. Entry into the Castle is included for your entire party.
Drop off is 3.30 pm approximately, as per day 1 arrangements.
Please note food and drink is not included. However you will have various café and restaurant's to choose from along the way. Alternatively you are welcome to bring a packed lunch.
Tour Guides. Providing private tours around Scotland. Maximum of 6 passengers. Our luxury Vehicle tours visit multiple locations. We have a varied range of itineraries to suit a wide range of interests and aim to show the best of Scotland. We also offer guided walking tours around South Queensferry and Dalmeny. We are huge Outlander fans and love sharing stories. A tour with us will cover Stately Homes, Gothic Churches, Castles, Palaces, coastal walks and Hidden Woodland beauty
7am - 00am