Why would you want to ski in Scotland? Well, for starters, there are five different resorts where you can have a go at skiing or snowboarding, with a range of slopes suitable for snowsports fans of all levels, from beginners to seasoned skiers.
They are also close enough for you to grab some friends, jump in the car and drive here from most parts of the UK. There's no need to book ages in advance on an overseas snowsports package, just keep your eye on the conditions reports and come when the snow and weather are at their best. You'll find everything you need here including ski schools, equipment hire and accommodation searchable by resort.
For more information, visit our FAQs page.
Skiing and snowboarding on Scotland's mountains
The Scottish mountain resorts make for a great value fun day out - each centre varies in what they offer, but here's a taster of the kind of facilities you're likely to find:
- Ski and snowboard hire and lessons;
- Marked pistes and lifts;
- Terrain parks and mini-shred areas;
- Off-piste and backcountry itineraries;
- Other winter sports, such as skimo (ski mountaineering), Nordic skiing, sledging and telemark skiing;
- Avalanche awareness training and free transceiver training parks;
- Free car and coach parks;
- Cafés and restaurants with good food at reasonable prices;
- Ski shops and toilet facilities.