In Scotland, we love our home grown fresh produce. Our natural larder is abundant, filled with delights such as fresh fish and shellfish, succulent beef, lamb and wild game and fresh fruit and vegetables.
And we've got a fantastic range of restaurants and eateries where you can be served all kinds of tasty things to eat. Here's a slice of Scotland's culinary scenery:
- Michelin-star restaurants showcasing the best Scottish ingredients, expertly cooked with panache and flair.
- Fine bistros and stylish establishments plating up contemporary, traditional, fusion, vegetarian and world cuisines.
- Cosy pubs and inns offering traditional hearty fayre.
- Quirky cafés and inviting tearooms renowned for their fresh soup and sandwiches and delicious homebaking.
- Excellent range of fish and chip shops offering take-away 'suppers' (many have seating too).
- And plenty of others in between; think harbour side seafood shacks, pop-up restaurants, artisan coffee shops, sit-in delis, specialist bake houses, outdoor farmers' markets and much more!