Visiting Scotland from other parts of the UK
You can now travel around Scotland and stay overnight.
Visiting Scotland from Overseas
Fully vaccinated travellers from the EU and US (authorised vaccines only) can travel to Scotland from 4 am on Monday 2 August. You will still need to produce a negative test result prior to departure and a negative PCR test result on day two after arrival in Scotland.
Travel from some countries to Scotland is now possible, depending on their status on the following list:
- Green - you will not need to quarantine on arrival, but you will have to take a PCR test for Covid-19, no more than 72 hours before travel. See further information on pre-departure testing.
- Amber - you must self-isolate on arrival for 10 days, and take two PCR tests.
- Red - you will be required to quarantine at a designated quarantine hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1,750 per person. You will be tested for COVID-19 on days 2 and 8.
You can see all of the countries on the current list.
Requirements for travelling
- Every visitor needs to provide their journey and contact details. This applies to those who land in another part of the UK, and travel on by other means to Scotland.
- Find out more about accessing tests within Scotland if you feel ill, or for travelling back to your own country.
Visiting the Islands
Anyone visiting Scotland's islands is:
- Encouraged to take two lateral flow tests before travelling.
- The first test should be three days before you travel.
- The second test on the day of travel.
- If you test positive, you would be able to take a more-sensitive PCR test to confirm the result before cancelling your visit.
- Find out more on details around how to order a rapid lateral flow test.
- You can order the lateral flow kit directly from the UK Government.
- Find out more about Covid tests before travelling:
- NorthLink Ferries
- CalMac Ferries
Are we there yet?
You can travel here seamlessly from the rest of the UK and from overseas, with regular road, rail, ferry and air links to Scotland's incredible destinations.
When you arrive, you'll find there is easy access to all regions, and with a little more careful planning, you can reach the beautiful yet more remote areas and islands.