We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.
Just what makes Scotland so special and worthy of a place on your must-visit holiday list? This section has all the answers you need. Find out:
- Who Nessie is, and where you can (maybe) find her
- What you can expect from our unique music, language, dance and culture
- Who our most famous Scots are - from Rabbie Burns to Macbeth
- What makes our history special - our castles, stone circles and more
- And great practical tips for planning a visit, LGBT-friendly events and how to get married in Scotland.
Take a look through this section, and you'll soon be an expert on everything from ceilidhs and William Wallace to standing stones and even our weather.
Why not head over to roughguides.com for more inspiration to kick start your adventures in Scotland?