We will meet in the car park at 10:00 (be aware this might need to be earlier or later depending on the tide times and if it changes we will get in touch with you).
Climbing the landward face of Am Buachaille is a challenging and rewarding experience that is much safer with an experienced guide. Here is an itinerary for the climb:
- Meet your guide at the car park at 10:00 and receive a briefing on safety and equipment.
- After walking in to the climb and swimming across the channel. Begin the ascent, following your guide’s instructions as you navigate the challenging terrain of the landward face.
- As you climb, take in the stunning views of the Scottish coastline and the natural beauty of the area.
- After reaching the summit, take some time to rest, enjoy the view and take pictures (if you advent already) to remember this iconic location.
- Abseil under the guidance of your guide, making sure to follow their instructions for a safe descent.
- Return to the starting point via a swim back across the channel, feeling a sense of accomplishment and pride in yourself for completing this challenging climb.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Learn To Lead Multi Pitch Climbing Course:
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
- Waterproofs (it is Scotland after all)
- Sturdy footwear.
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- All instruction.
- All Technical Climbing Gear
- Dry Bags to get the kit across securely.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
From £325 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...