Garry white water rafting
White water rafting in Scotland on the River Garry Nearby Fort William & Fort Augustus in the Great Glen is a truly memorable experience. This 4 mile long fast flowing and technical river contains many fun grade 3/4 rapids.
You will meet your Instructor at 10:00 at the car park for the Garry. You would meet at 10:00 – kit up, head up to the top, raft back down to the vehicles break for some lunch and then go for a second run of the river before finishing sometime around 14:00-15:00 depending on how tired everyone is.
You will raft rapids like double or quits, surfs up, hey diddle diddle, pop till you drop and white bridge all grade 3/4 providing endless entertainment for all. Groups normally say the highlight is the surfing in pop till you drop!
Your instructor will cover all the necessary safety information for you and provide all the equipment for the day that you could possibly want. On top of that we will provide high quality DSLR photos from the trip (so long as the weather isn’t terrible in which case we will use a go-pro to take photos). All photos will go on our social media accounts and if you want the high definition ones we will share these with you for free via a shared link.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your White Water Rafting Grade 3/4 river Garry adventure activity:
- Something to go underneath a wetsuit – swimwear or a spare pair of underwear. (We do provide swimshorts to wear over the top of the wetsuit for greater style and modesty.)
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day of your White Water Rafting Grade 3/4 river Garry adventure activity.
- Buoyancy aids.
- Rafts & paddles (obviously)
- Cags if it is windy or raining.
- Neoprene wetsuit boots.
- Swimshorts to go over the top of wetsuits.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors.
- Changing robes or a pop up tent for those who wish or need more privacy getting into a wetsuit.
From £60 per adult
April — October
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.