Isle of Skye - Adventure & Explore
Join us for a guided walking holiday on the magical and truly epic Isle of Skye, enjoying the dramatic scenery on less demanding hikes and staying in a lovely 18th century cottage.
- Saturday 14th - Saturday 21st May 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 21st - Saturday 28th May 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 28th May - Saturday 4th June 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 2nd - Saturday 9th July 2022
- Saturday 9th - Saturday 16th July 2022
- Saturday 23rd - Saturday 30th July 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 6th - Saturday 13th August 2022
- Saturday 3rd - Saturday 10th September 2022
- Saturday 17th - Saturday 24th September 2022 - Fully booked
Dramatic coastal walks, mosaics of jaw-dropping landscapes, and ancient sites, this is a getaway like no other. On this week-long adventure, you’ll experience the best this magnificent part of the country has to offer. Orkney and Shetland are fascinating and unique islands steeped in Neolithic and Viking history, and home to some of the most breathtaking views going.
Joining a small group of fellow explorers and your Large Outdoors host and guide, you’ll enjoy two-and-a-half days exploring Orkney before boarding an overnight ferry to Shetland, where you’ll spend almost four full days, taking the time to really get to know the islands on guided walks and excursions.
In a nutshell:
- Explore the remote islands of Orkney and Shetland on a week-long adventure, featuring seven full days out and ferry crossings.
- Experience the ancient sites and history that makes Orkney and Shetland unique, from settlements dating back thousands of years to Viking myths and legends.
- Look out for wildlife, investigate the local pubs and tea rooms, and try local delicacies.
- Leave the planning, navigating, and logistics to us so you can truly enjoy the experience.
Collection is offered from Glasgow Airport and Glasgow Central Station, or you can meet the group in Dunvegan, Skye.
From £695 per adult
May — September
Tour company information
Large Outdoors is a national outdoors activity, adventure, and holiday company specialising in getting the most out of the beautiful UK countryside through sociable experiences. We offer a range of hosted and guided getaways in Scotland, including wild swimming in the Highlands, multi-day holidays to Orkney, Shetland, Mull, Skye, and the Outer Hebrides, winter walking in the Cairngorms, and the West Highland Way. We also offer regular guided walks to the summit of Ben Nevis, with packages including accommodation and meals available.
Other tours from this company
Isle of Skye - Walking the Mountains
Departs: Glasgow Airport, Broadford, Glasgow
Bag some of Skye’s most beautiful peaks with a qualified Mountain Leader and a s...
Outer Hebrides - Adventure & Explore
Explore the rugged and tranquil landscapes of the Outer Hebrides on an unforgett...
Orkney & Shetland - Adventure & Explore
Experience the unique landscapes, history, and culture of Scotland’s most remote...
Ben Nevis Guided Walk
Departs: Fort William
Standing at an impressive 1,345m (4,413ft), hiking to the summit of Ben Nevis is...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.