Orkney & Shetland - Adventure & Explore
Experience the unique landscapes, history, and culture of Scotland’s most remote islands.
- Saturday 16th - Sunday 24th April 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 11th - Sunday 19th June 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 2nd - Sunday 10th July 2022 - Fully booked
- Saturday 20th - Sunday 28th August 2022
Dramatic coastal walks, mosaics of jaw-dropping landscapes, and ancient sites, this is a getaway like no other. On this week-long adventure, you’ll experience the best this magnificent part of the country has to offer. Orkney and Shetland are fascinating and unique islands steeped in Neolithic and Viking history, and home to some of the most breathtaking views going.
Joining a small group of fellow explorers and your Large Outdoors host and guide, you’ll enjoy two-and-a-half days exploring Orkney before boarding an overnight ferry to Shetland, where you’ll spend almost four full days, taking the time to really get to know the islands on guided walks and excursions.
In a nutshell:
- Explore the remote islands of Orkney and Shetland on a week-long adventure, featuring seven full days out and ferry crossings.
- Experience the ancient sites and history that makes Orkney and Shetland unique, from settlements dating back thousands of years to Viking myths and legends.
- Look out for wildlife, investigate the local pubs and tea rooms, and try local delicacies.
- Leave the planning, navigating, and logistics to us so you can truly enjoy the experience.
Collection from Aberdeen Train Station.
From £895 per adult
August — August
Unit 1c, Park Farm Courtyard
Tour company information
Large Outdoors is a national outdoors activity, adventure, and holiday company specialising in getting the most out of the beautiful UK countryside through sociable experiences. We offer a range of hosted and guided getaways in Scotland, including wild swimming in the Highlands, multi-day holidays to Orkney, Shetland, Mull, Skye, and the Outer Hebrides, winter walking in the Cairngorms, and the West Highland Way. We also offer regular guided walks to the summit of Ben Nevis, with packages including accommodation and meals available.
Other tours from this company
Isle of Skye - Walking the Mountains
Departs: Glasgow Airport, Broadford, Glasgow
Bag some of Skye’s most beautiful peaks with a qualified Mountain Leader and a s...
Outer Hebrides - Adventure & Explore
Explore the rugged and tranquil landscapes of the Outer Hebrides on an unforgett...
Isle of Skye - Adventure & Explore
Departs: Glasgow Airport, Dunvegan, Glasgow
Join us for a guided walking holiday on the magical and truly epic Isle of Skye,...
Ben Nevis Guided Walk
Departs: Fort William
Standing at an impressive 1,345m (4,413ft), hiking to the summit of Ben Nevis is...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.