- Edinburgh’s Christmas – Christmas in the capital is spectacular, and the Christmas markets are the star of the show. Located in Princes Street Gardens, enjoy the numerous fairground rides and carnival atmosphere as well as the wide variety of stalls.
- Castle of Light – Magic and Mystery (November – January) – See Edinburgh Castle light up for a mesmerising experience in one of Scotland’s most iconic attractions, with brand-new state of the art visuals and lighting installations. An all-new and expanded show will create truly unmissable moments as extraordinary projections dance from the castle walls.
- Beecraigs Festive Forest – head to Beecraigs Country Parknear Linlithgow to enjoy an atmospheric light show complete with lasers, illuminated trails, santa’s grotto and plenty of treats.
- Elfingrove (24 November – 3 January) – visit Glasgow and enjoy a celebration of Christmas at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. Skate under the stars on Scotland’s biggest ice rink, with a magical music and light show and festive food and drink to enjoy.
- Aberdeen Winter Festival and Christmas Village (18 November – 31 December) – check out new and returning attractions including an outdoor ice rink, festive fairground and scrumptious food and drink.
- Perth Winter Festival (19 November – 31 December) – from street performers to magicians, santa runs to festive silent discos, there is plenty to see at the Perth Winter Festival this year! There will also be live music, stalls with artisan markets and wintry food and drink.
- Glamis Castle Christmas Market (26 – 27 November) – take a trip to this famous Angus attraction for family fun, with a Santa’s Grotto, festive gifts, tasty treats and tour of the castle.
Christmas Markets and Festivals
We can’t talk about all the things to do in Scotland in December without highlighting our fantastic Christmas markets, which you can find across the country. Think of twinkling lights all around, with the smell of your favourite winter food & drinks wafting in the air and get into the festive spirit with some Christmas shopping.