‘Want to feature your event on VisitScotland.com? You can list online, physical or hybrid events for free. Fill in the form and your event could appear on our website (along with other leading publications) soon.’
Please note that all events are subject to approval and VisitScotland reserves the right to edit any submitted event information to ensure consistency of style and tone.
To be included, events should appeal to visitors to your area. Therefore, please refer to our approval guidelines below detailing which type of events we will list.
Examples of the types of events which will not be included are:
- Events which are a permanent fixture within a venue, i.e. permanent exhibitions
- Community-targeted activities e.g. quiz nights, car boot sales, MPs surgeries, coffee mornings, badminton, yoga, public swimming and zumba classes, etc.
- Baby and parent groups/seniors' activities
- Workshops, courses, summer camps or classes which last for more than one day or happen on a regular basis
- Certain types of courses e.g. IT workshops, literacy classes, health & safety workshops, specialist classes
- Guided tours around exhibitions or venues
- Band nights and performances by cover bands/tribute acts
- Signings and product launches
- Non-spectator sporting events
- Film screenings
- Opening nights for exhibitions etc.
- Regular comedy/music etc. nights
- Events of a political nature
- Non-consumer events, e.g. industry conferences or events
Please note that while we provide listings for festivals, we do not list individual events that are part of a larger festival.
By submitting your event, you agree to these Terms & Conditions. Please note your event details are added via the events data gathering services of The List and are subject to their terms and conditions, and may be syndicated to other client websites and marketing outlets which subscribe to The List's data feed.
Depending on the volume of events being processed, it can take up from 7-10 days for your event to appear in our events calendar so please submit your event in plenty of time to allow it maximum exposure on our site.
There is no fee to have your event listed.
If you have any queries about submitting an event or one you already submitted, please email VisitScotland Online Events Team.