I promise to care for Scotland's nature. I will…
- Not disturb the incredible wildlife that has roamed this epic land for centuries.
- Tread lightly to protect their habitats.
- Be considerate to farmland and livestock.
- Keep my dog on a lead when needed.
- Take my litter home with me.
- Take only photos and leave only footprints.
- Observe the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
I promise to care for Scotland's communities. I will…
- Slow down, and savour every moment of what there is to see, do and learn.
- Shop local to enjoy the best products and support Scottish makers and businesses.
- Respect the locals and their resources.
- "Fàilte" (embrace) and respect the Gaelic language.
- Sample the delicious, seasonal foods available all across Scotland.
- Seek out and respect the rich and diverse cultures that are found throughout Scotland.
- Avoid crowded places and come back when it's less busy.
- Take care when exploring the great outdoors, and bring and wear the right equipment.
- Check ahead to see if there is access or parking.
- Park my vehicle safely and responsibly.
I promise to care for Scotland and the world's tomorrow. I will…
- Leave the car when I can and walk, cycle, paddle or use public transport instead.
- Hire an electric vehicle where possible and take advantage of the many charge points that are now available across Scotland.
- Check the green credentials of all of the businesses I use to travel, stay and explore.
- Enjoy the pure waters that run from the tap, not single-use bottles.
- Switch off the lights and look up at the stars.
Thank you for promising to keep Scotland special by exploring this incredible country responsibly.
Share your commitment to #RespectProtectEnjoy on Twitter and encourage friends and family to do the same.
Read our article on advice for exploring the great outdoors, with more information on the guidance on the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, and our partner organisatons such as Forestry and Land Scotland, and the National Parks.
Find out how businesses, destinations and communities are working with VisitScotland on a country-wide approach to help you enjoy Scotland responsibly.