Orkney Neolithic Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Neolithic Tour.
Whether it's for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you and bring to life Orkney's Viking settlements, Neolithic sites, wartime history and stunning scenery.
Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
You can read feedback about Paul's tours in our latest reviews on our site. All tours are private, so you will have your guide and our luxury Mercedes Evito tour vehicle to yourself.
Some of the site we can include
- Standing Stones of Stenness - Believed to be the oldest stone circle in the British Isles. Four of the original 12 stones remain, standing up to six metres high, focused on a large hearth in the centre.
- The Ring of Brodgar - An archaeological treasure in the magical landscape that is the Heart of Neolithic Orkney UNESCO World Heritage Site. One of the most photographed attractions in Orkney.
- Barnhouse Village - This Neolithic village sits in the heart of Neolithic Orkney and helps give great insight into life thousands of years ago.
- Ness of Brodgar - A live archaeological dig site where you can watch workers uncover seemingly endless secrets. Open two months in summer.
- Maeshowe - Enter one of the finest Neolithic buildings in north-west Europe, a masterpiece of ancient engineering.
- Skara Brae - This Neolithic village lies near the dramatic white beach of the Bay of Skaill. Uncovered by a storm in 1850, it presents a remarkable picture of Orkney life 5,000 years ago.
Price on Request
January — December
- Driver guide
Tour company information
JP Orkney deliver memorable days out on our Orkney Tours and sell delicious homemade produce in our online shop. We’re a family business run by Jane Ellison and Paul Hudd, and take great pride in providing hospitality of the highest quality. Whichever experience you choose, we'll be delighted to help you make your own special Orkney memories.
Other tours from this company
JP Orkney Island Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made tours
Orkney Viking Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our personalised Viking Tour.
Cruise Day Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made cruise day tour
Orkney Wartime tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Wartime Tour.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.