Orkney Wartime tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Wartime Tour.
Whether it's for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you and bring to life some of Orkney's most iconic wartime sites. Creating your own tour means that you can mix and match the suggested locations, add nature walks and go wildlife spotting Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
Site suggestions include.
- Churchill Barriers & blockships - Born from a time of conflict but now serving as vital links between island communities, these remarkable structures are iconic Orkney landmarks.
- Italian Chapel - One of Orkney’s most-loved attractions, these two Nissen huts were transformed into a beautiful chapel by Italian prisoners of war captured in North Africa and transported to Orkney.
- Scapa Flow - An area of water almost entirely surrounded by islands, it was used extensively as a Royal Navy base in both world wars and still today as an important resource.
- HMS Royal Oak - Anchored at Scapa Flow in 1939, you will learn about the famous vessel’s fate and see where it rests today.
- Yesnaby - This wild location offers stunning Atlantic views. Walk to the famous Yesnaby Castle sea stack and spot puffins along the way.
Price on Request
January — December
- Self drive
Tour company information
JP Orkney deliver memorable days out on our Orkney Tours and sell delicious homemade produce in our online shop. We’re a family business run by Jane Ellison and Paul Hudd, and take great pride in providing hospitality of the highest quality. Whichever experience you choose, we'll be delighted to help you make your own special Orkney memories.
Other tours from this company
JP Orkney Island Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made tours
Orkney Neolithic Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Neolithic Tour.
Orkney Viking Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our personalised Viking Tour.
Cruise Day Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made cruise day tour
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.