Orkney Viking Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our personalised Viking Tour.
Whether it's for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you and bring to life Orkney's historic Viking sites. Creating your own tour means that you can mix and match the suggested locations, add nature walks and go wildlife spotting. Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
Some viking stops include
- Kirkwall - Officially a Royal Burgh since 1486, a Viking spirit still runs through the town, focused on the magnificent St Magnus Cathedral.
- St Magnus Cathedral - Known as the ‘Light in the North', this stunning Romanesque cathedral is one of Orkney's most iconic buildings.
- Scapa Flow - An area of water almost entirely surrounded by islands. Used extensively in both world wars, and today as an important resource.
- Brough of Deerness - A gentle walk in the East Mainland winds its way along the craggy coastline, offering beautiful views of the North Sea.
- Birsay - This parish, the Norse capital before Kirkwall, has been at the centre of some of the most important moments in Orcadian history.
- Brough of Birsay - This tidal island’s causeway is uncovered at low tide, leading visitors to the remains of a Pictish and Norse settlement. It is also great for spotting puffins in spring and summer.
Price on Request
January — December
- Driver guide
Tour company information
JP Orkney deliver memorable days out on our Orkney Tours and sell delicious homemade produce in our online shop. We’re a family business run by Jane Ellison and Paul Hudd, and take great pride in providing hospitality of the highest quality. Whichever experience you choose, we'll be delighted to help you make your own special Orkney memories.
Other tours from this company
JP Orkney Island Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made tours
Orkney Neolithic Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Neolithic Tour.
Cruise Day Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made cruise day tour
Orkney Wartime tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Wartime Tour.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.