Wild Swimming in the Scottish Highlands
Swim in some of the best waterways in the Scottish Highlands, including a hop over to the stunning Isle of Skye. An amazing experience for beginners and experienced wild swimmers alike.
- Sunday 12th - Friday 17th June 2022
- Sunday 26th June - Friday 1st July 2022
- Sunday 10th - Friday 15th July 2022
- Sunday 17th - Friday 22nd July 2022
- Sunday 31st July - Friday 5th August 2022
- Sunday 14th - Friday 19th August 2022
- Sunday 11th - Friday 16th September 2022
- Sunday 18th - Friday 23rd September 2022
From lochs to waterfalls, and emerald coves to coastal inlets, we seek out some of the best spots in the Scottish Highlands for wild swimming amid spectacular scenery.
We’ve tailored the swims on this trip to involve shorter swims in a great number of interesting and beautiful locations rather than long-distance swimming challenges. As long as you’re a confident swimmer, you’ll have a great time - and you don’t necessarily need outdoor swimming experience, either!
Then there’s plenty of time for other adventures – a wildlife-packed boat trip, visits to historic castles, peaceful walks, whisky sampling… oh, and a hefty dose of laughter along the way!
In a nutshell:
- Swim in some of the finest lochs, rivers, and pools in the beautiful Scottish Highlands.
- Enjoy a hop over to the Isle of Skye for some extra wild swimming magic!
- Savour the moments, be they peaceful, epic, or hilarious, with a brilliant group of fellow wild-swimmers.
- Soak up other delights of the areas we visit, including castles, mountain views, great food, and a dram or two of local whisky.
From £595 per adult
June — September
Unit 1c, Park Farm Courtyard
- Small Group (1-16)
Tour company information
Large Outdoors is a national outdoors activity, adventure, and holiday company specialising in getting the most out of the beautiful UK countryside through sociable experiences. We offer a range of hosted and guided getaways in Scotland, including wild swimming in the Highlands, multi-day holidays to Orkney, Shetland, Mull, Skye, and the Outer Hebrides, winter walking in the Cairngorms, and the West Highland Way. We also offer regular guided walks to the summit of Ben Nevis, with packages including accommodation and meals available.
Other tours from this company
Isle of Skye - Walking the Mountains
Departs: Glasgow Airport, Broadford, Glasgow
Bag some of Skye’s most beautiful peaks with a qualified Mountain Leader and a s...
Outer Hebrides - Adventure & Explore
Explore the rugged and tranquil landscapes of the Outer Hebrides on an unforgett...
Orkney & Shetland - Adventure & Explore
Experience the unique landscapes, history, and culture of Scotland’s most remote...
Isle of Skye - Adventure & Explore
Departs: Glasgow Airport, Dunvegan, Glasgow
Join us for a guided walking holiday on the magical and truly epic Isle of Skye,...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.