Though it's not possible to travel very far right now, we can all still dream about our next trip to Scotland and hope that we'll be able to welcome you again very soon. You can find more information on visiting Scotland during the Covid-19 recovery phases.
There are a number of countries who do not need to self-isolate on arrival into Scotland - you can check the full list of countries who can travel to Scotland without quarantine.
There are countries including France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Italy where if you travel to Scotland, you will need to self-quarantine for 14 days when you arrive. This applies whether you arrive by direct flight or via an English sea- or airport, and for anyone who visited a non-exempt country in the 14 days prior to arriving in Scotland.
Everyone who enters the UK will need to:
- Provide your journey and contact details when you travel to the UK.
If you are planning a trip to Scotland in the next few months, stay up-to-date with the latest on foreign travel advice in relation to COVID-19 from your own government, which should outline any travel restrictions in place for affected countries. Please make sure you check with your travel and accommodation providers for confirmed opening dates and book before travelling.You can get the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Scotland at the Scottish Government website.
Scotland's international airports - Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glasgow Prestwick and Inverness - are all served by flights from a growing number of European and long haul destinations.
Many European airport hubs also provide fantastic onward connections to Scotland, including airports in London, Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Reykjavik and Frankfurt.
Flights from the USA and Canada
Fly direct to Scotland from North America
- From New York (Newark) to Edinburgh and Glasgow with United
- From New York (JFK) to Edinburgh with Delta
- From New York (JFK) to Glasgow with Delta
- From Chicago to Edinburgh with United
- From Orlando to Glasgow with Virgin Atlantic
- From Philadelphia to Edinburgh with American Airlines
- From Washington DC area (Dulles Airport) to Edinburgh with United
- From Boston to Edinburgh with Delta
- From Toronto to Glasgow with Air Transat and Air Canada rouge
- From Toronto to Edinburgh with Air Canada rouge
- From Calgary and Vancouver to Glasgow with Air Transat
- From Halifax to Glasgow with WestJet
Please note; some of the above flights are operational on a seasonal service. Please check with the individual airlines.