Travel from some countries to Scotland is now possible.
From Monday 17 May, a new list of countries with coloured grading will be launched.
- Green - you will not need to quarantine on arrival, but you will have to take a PCR test for Covid-19, no more than 72 hours before travel. See further information on pre-departure testing.
- Amber - you must self-isolate on arrival for 10 days, and take two PCR tests.
- Red - you will be required to quarantine at a designated quarantine hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1,750 per person. You will be tested for COVID-19 on days 2 and 8.
You can see all of the countries on the current list.
Requirements for travelling
- Every visitor needs to provide their journey and contact details. This applies to those who land in another part of the UK, and travel on by other means to Scotland.
- Find out more about accessing tests within Scotland if you feel ill, or for travelling back to your own country.
Scotland's international airports - Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glasgow Prestwick and Inverness - are all served by flights from a growing number of European and long haul destinations.
Many European airport hubs also provide fantastic onward connections to Scotland, including airports in London, Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Reykjavik and Frankfurt.
Flights from the USA and Canada
Fly direct to Scotland from North America
- From New York (Newark) to Edinburgh and Glasgow with United
- From New York (JFK) to Edinburgh with Delta
- From New York (JFK) to Glasgow with Delta
- From Chicago to Edinburgh with United
- From Orlando to Glasgow with Virgin Atlantic
- From Philadelphia to Edinburgh with American Airlines
- From Washington DC area (Dulles Airport) to Edinburgh with United
- From Boston to Edinburgh with Delta
- From Toronto to Glasgow with Air Transat and Air Canada rouge
- From Toronto to Edinburgh with Air Canada rouge
- From Calgary and Vancouver to Glasgow with Air Transat
- From Halifax to Glasgow with WestJet
Please note; some of the above flights are operational on a seasonal service. Please check with the individual airlines.