Travel from some countries to Scotland is now possible.
From Monday 17 May, a new list of countries with coloured grading will be launched.
- Green - you will not need to quarantine on arrival, but you will have to take a PCR test for Covid-19.
- Amber - you must self-isolate on arrival for 10 days, and take two PCR tests.
- Red - you will be required to quarantine at a managed isolation hotel for 10 days.
You can see all of the countries on the current list.
Additional requirements for international visitors
You will be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test, taken no more than 72 hours before travel. Further information is available from the Scottish Government on pre-departure testing.
If you're coming from outside the Common Travel Area, you will need to self-isolate in a designated quarantine hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1,750 per person. During this self-isolation you will be tested for COVID-19 on days two and eight.
Every visitor needs to provide their journey and contact details. This applies to those who land in another part of the UK, and travel on by other means to Scotland.
Find out more on health checks when entering Scotland.
Scotland's international airports - Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glasgow Prestwick and Inverness - are all served by flights from a growing number of European and long haul destinations.
Many European airport hubs also provide fantastic onward connections to Scotland, including airports in London, Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Reykjavik and Frankfurt.
Flights from the USA and Canada
Fly direct to Scotland from North America
- From New York (Newark) to Edinburgh and Glasgow with United
- From New York (JFK) to Edinburgh with Delta
- From New York (JFK) to Glasgow with Delta
- From Chicago to Edinburgh with United
- From Orlando to Glasgow with Virgin Atlantic
- From Philadelphia to Edinburgh with American Airlines
- From Washington DC area (Dulles Airport) to Edinburgh with United
- From Boston to Edinburgh with Delta
- From Toronto to Glasgow with Air Transat and Air Canada rouge
- From Toronto to Edinburgh with Air Canada rouge
- From Calgary and Vancouver to Glasgow with Air Transat
- From Halifax to Glasgow with WestJet
Please note; some of the above flights are operational on a seasonal service. Please check with the individual airlines.