Though it's not possible to travel very far right now, we can all still dream about our next trip to Scotland and hope that we'll be able to welcome you again very soon. You can find more information on visiting Scotland during the Covid-19 recovery phases.
If you are planning a trip to Scotland in the next few months, stay up-to-date with the latest on foreign travel advice in relation to COVID-19 from your own government, which should outline any travel restrictions in place for affected countries. Please make sure you check with your travel and accommodation providers for confirmed opening dates and book before travelling.You can get the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Scotland at the Scottish Government website.
Everyone travelling to Scotland from abroad will be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test, taken no more than 72 hours before travel. This will be introduced shortly. Further information is available from the Scottish Government on pre-departure testing.
Please check the full list of countries who can travel to Scotland without quarantine carefully. Visitors from some countries are still being asked to self-quarantine for 14 days when they arrive.
Every visitor needs to provide their journey and contact details when travelling to Scotland.
These rules apply even to those who land in another part of the UK, and travel on by other means to Scotland.
Find out more on health checks when entering Scotland.
Scotland's international airports - Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glasgow Prestwick and Inverness - are all served by flights from a growing number of European and long haul destinations.
Many European airport hubs also provide fantastic onward connections to Scotland, including airports in London, Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Reykjavik and Frankfurt.
Flights from the USA and Canada
Fly direct to Scotland from North America
- From New York (Newark) to Edinburgh and Glasgow with United
- From New York (JFK) to Edinburgh with Delta
- From New York (JFK) to Glasgow with Delta
- From Chicago to Edinburgh with United
- From Orlando to Glasgow with Virgin Atlantic
- From Philadelphia to Edinburgh with American Airlines
- From Washington DC area (Dulles Airport) to Edinburgh with United
- From Boston to Edinburgh with Delta
- From Toronto to Glasgow with Air Transat and Air Canada rouge
- From Toronto to Edinburgh with Air Canada rouge
- From Calgary and Vancouver to Glasgow with Air Transat
- From Halifax to Glasgow with WestJet
Please note; some of the above flights are operational on a seasonal service. Please check with the individual airlines.